Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Snowshoeing

On Sunday evening our first friends from home came to visit! Adam and Briana had been to Las Vegas for his sister's birthday and decided to keep driving and come see us. Adam and Bryan had big plans for mountain biking, unfortunately fortunately mother nature had other plans. I'm not sure how much snow we got at our house, but the resorts had at least 30 inches.

The first stop on Monday was Olympic Park. I always read something new and interesting each time I visit it. It sill blows my mind that we live right next to it.


 
After lunch at one of our favorite sandwich shops, we headed out to snowshoe for the rest of the afternoon. None of us had ever done it before and we all had so much fun. I told Bryan that we are going to have to buy some snowshoes. It will be a great thing to do with people who don't want to ski the whole time they visit.
 

 
I'm not sure what prompted me, but I had to eat some snow. I also felt the urge to jump in the huge drifts and make snow angels. As long as I stay warm I'm all about playing in the snow. It was in the low 20's when we went out, but all I wore was a silk thermal top and fleece, which made me plenty warm.
 
 
For dinner we went to one of my favorite restaurants, the High West Distillery. Adam and Briana said it was the highlight of eating on their trip.
 
 
Everyone's food was delish. Bryan had a burger and I had pulled pork on top of three golden fried yellow tomatoes. My goal is to find some of the thick glasses that the distillery uses for all of their drinks. Bryan loves the size and feel of them.
 


 
Bryan had to take a picture of the piano in the transit center. Most places have signs that say not to play the piano, this one is quite the opposite--they want you to sit down and play. Briana made the comment that it was the nicest transit center she had ever seen. It's true, it is very clean, warm and pretty.
 
 
We had a wonderful time together! It makes me happy to have extra people in our house visiting. I wonder who will come see us next? Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun! Except for the whole being cold part. Glad you were warm. :) And also, I spyed the pickles you were talking about! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like perfect day for me!!Such a fun place to live!!
    I want to come visit!! :)
    Check out my one post from when we went out in Downton PC.
    http://deewallaceadventures.blogspot.com/2012/02/out-and-about-in-park-city-utah.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of you eating the snow, haha, TOO CUTE!

    Those thick glasses remind me of drinking glasses that are made from old wine bottles. You can find a tutorial for that on Pinterest (I know I have one on my board about cutting glass - I think it's on the crafts board - @alizadventures) and you can probably find some on Etsy?

    (PS - just found a lot on Etsy! Like these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/112999860/recycled-wine-bottle-glasses-tumblers?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=wine+bottle+glasses&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me hungry!! What a perfect weekend outing, looks like so much fun! I love to snowshoe, but my boys are all about skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun time!!! You guys are too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete