Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 22, 2011

FGA: Hot Feta Artichoke Dip



Football Game Appetizer: Hot Feta Artichoke Dip

I have been meaning to figure out how to do a linky and have us all post football game day food each week. Whether we are tailgating on the lawn or enjoying a part with friends, I know that we all need new football game food this time of year.


This has become one of my favorite appetizers. I think I have made it three times in the past two weeks. The original recipe says to bake it in the oven, but I find it easier to make in the crock pot--there is less for me to worry about and it will stay warm much longer.



Ingredients:

1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped


1 cup crumbled feta cheese


1 cup mayonnaise


1/2 cup (2-oz) shredded Parmesan cheese


1 (4-oz) jar diced pimentos, drained


1 garlic clove, minced


2 Tbsp. chopped fresh tomato


2 Tbsp sliced green onions




Directions:

Mix all ingredients together, bake at 350* for 30 minutes. I cooked mine on high in my crock pot for at least 2 hours. If you double or triple the recipe it will take longer.


I promise you won't be able to put this stuff down. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh la la, I'm totally going to make this one Saturday or Sunday this fall!

    Here is an easy Sausage Ball recipe - http://anniesadventures16.blogspot.com/2011/02/game-day-appetizer-sausage-balls.html

    And another favorite I like is browning a tube of sausage, one block of cream cheese and a drained can of rotel. Mix it all together, heat in oven and enjoy with chips. Delish and super easy!

    ReplyDelete