Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 13, 2012

Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

Happy Monday! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend. Did you do anything fun? Bryan worked on Saturday, so it was another normal day for us. We did manage to hit the mountain bike trail both days; B rode his bike, I ran. Normally 43* is about my cut-off for running outside. I sucked it up and ran with it 32* both days, which actually wasn't too bad.

Today I awoke to find snow on the ground! It is supposed to warm up and continue raining, so nothing too exciting.


On Friday, I got up early and made food for Bryan's office. They had decided on Thursday that they wanted a little something yummy and after I sent them a list of possibilities they chose buffalo-style turkey meatballs.


Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey (or chicken)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 tablespoons blue cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup Texas Pete buffalo sauce
3/4 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine ingredients and shape into same sized balls. (About the size of a cookie scoop.)
Place on a baking dish. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the temperature reads 165 degrees.
Top with additional hot sauce, ranch dressing, green onions.

*These would be great as an appetizer or as a main dish.
*After mine were cooked, I put them into a crockpot for B to take to work. I poured extra hot sauce, blue cheese and green onions on top. About an hour and a half before lunch they were turned on low.

..........

On another note, I did not watch the Grammys last night, but after all of the controversy on Facebook this morning I looked up a few YouTube videos. I am completely and totally disgusted with Nicki Minaj. After her video I watched Adele. Her performance was one that showcases true talent, class and a winner.


8 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds amazing, I will have to try it for sure! And way to go on working out, I wish I could find the motivation to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um buffalo meatballs, yes please! Those sound so good! I loved Adele, her voice is amazing!! Agree about Nikki she is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Buffalo Turkey Meatballs sounds fabulous!! I cannot wait to try these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those meatballs sound amazing! I am definitely going to give that recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

    Adele seriously has amazing talent. Everyone else lip syncs, yet hers showed that you can be amazing - no matter what you look like. I was so offended by the comment Karl Lagerfeld made about her having talent but being too fat. I am so glad she won all the awards that she did, and could shove it in everyone's face.

    Nicki Minaj was completely offensive and I thought that was ridiculous. She slapped her "fake pope" that she was walking with on the red carpet.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to surprise Ian with that recipe - it seems right up his alley.

    I missed the Nicki Minaj performance, but maybe I'll have to check it out on You Tube later tonight. Doesn't sound like I missed out on anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I'm making these tonight! They sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was literally bouncing up and down with delight when Adele won her grammys--she is SO talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a good wifey! Eric hints at me to make treats to take to work and share with everyone.... and I never do! Oopsie!

    ReplyDelete