Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 27, 2012

Weekly Ramblings

Anyone else super duper excited that it is Friday? It is supposed to be pretty here, so Bryan and I have planned on riding a local mountain bike trail tomorrow afternoon and then checking out a lake with a supposed running trail and park after church on Sunday. How have your workouts gone this week? Feel free to post about them in the comment section if you need a little encouragement. I've got a few great smoothie recipes to share next week. For girls' night on Monday, Dr. Ash made a wonderful whole-wheat pasta dish that is packed full of good carbs. The original recipe did not call for chicken, but we added it. Also, this recipe serves two, and we found that making more requires a little more olive oil and lemon at the end. 

Lemon Garlic Spaghetti

Ingredients:
4 oz dry spaghetti
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 lemon
2 tbsp pine nuts (we didn't use)
5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded

Directions:
 Pour in olive oil and chopped up garlic into a small frying pan and let it cook over low, until the garlic starts to brown on edges. Immediately remove from heat and reserve. While that is going, boil your spaghetti.
Chiffonade some basil leaves.
Mix cheese and pine nuts in a large bowl, and add the garlic and its oil. Squeeze in lemon juice.
Add cooked spaghetti and toss until well combined.
Serve with freshly ground pepper.

...........

On Monday I paired my Max and Chloe necklace with a coral necklace that I tend to wear in the summer. It went nicely with a striped tank and olive green jacket. You likey?


Here is another random outfit picture from one day when I was running errands. I picked up a few goodies for my sister and went into the dressing room just so I could take an outfit pic. Seriously, their mirrors are so much better than mine at home. ;) My mom got me the cute burgundy silk shrug for Christmas and I heart it.


That is about all that I can think of interest to tell you today. Oh, other than the fact that I have the sweetest husband who saved me the last piece of my favorite See's Candy because he said I deserve it.


10 comments:

  1. love the layered necklaces! I will try that spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im definitely trying that spaghetti recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spaghetti sounds so delicious. It's like a deconstructed pesto. Popping over from FFP and Hines-Sight Blog recipe swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up today. The Lemon garlic spaghetti looks divine. I love spaghetti noodles.

    I have a black sweater like your burgundy one today. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meal looks delicious! And you ... just too cute in your outfit. I love it.

    PS - My mother is in love with See's candy - we get her some every Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the max & chloe with that coral! I keep trying to layer my monogram necklace with something else but haven't found anything! recipe looks delicious! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you paired your necklace and that pasts looks oh so good! Have a good weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe sounds delicious--pinning it now, hehe! I also loved that you paired your monogram necklace with a bright one! I have one like yours and wear it a ton, but never thought to add another necklace to it--I'll have to experiment!

    ReplyDelete