Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Health + Spinach Burgers

The past few Wednesday I have not posted about fitness and health. To be quite honest, I didn't get much reaction from my workout posts and that discouraged me, but there were a few people who said they loved them. The past couple of weeks I've been in a workout rut. I was up to running 6 miles and exercising 6 days a week. Being out of town and on the road has made me only able to go about 3 days lately, and that is frustrating to me. What am I going to do? Make it a point to get out of that rut and go back to the gym this morning, even though it is pouring down rain outside. We can always find an excuse, right?


Even though I have already donned a swimsuit twice {thank you warm weather}, there is still a little work that needs to be done before I am ready for the summer. For me, the issue is not being thin or needing to lose weight, it is getting toned.


This workout has been floating around Pinterest. Have any of you tried it? I've got a new ab video that I have been doing, but I'm always up for tying something new.

Speaking of bikinis, how adorable is this swimsuit from Anthropologie? Now, if only I could figure out how to squeeze into the top I would be a happy gal.


............

It doesn't always happen, but a few years ago Bryan made a request that we eat a vegetarian dinner at least one day a week. On Monday I made spinach burgers. They were extremely easy to make, had plenty of flavor, packed with protein and were low carb. 

  
Spinach Burgers

Ingredients:
1 bag spinach, thawed and pressed dry
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup cheese, shredded (I used cheddar)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
olive oil

Directions:
Thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.

Drizzle some olive oil around the bottom of a large skillet and get it hot over medium heat. While this is warming up, form spinach into patties. {I was able to make eight, but depending on your sizes that might vary.}

Cook 4-6 minutes on each side.


Serve them with a bun or eat them sans bread. I whipped up some cayenne ranch and served them in whole wheat pitas.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. These look amazing!! Thanks for sharing, I definitely want to try. and, btw- im all about the healthy posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sista Friend!!

    You MUST link this post for my recipe swap on the 30th! They look delish & I am not a spinach fan but will be making them!

    And that bikini.....swoooooooooon!!! I am in LOVE with it! I am so with you....get toned & healthy, I could weigh 150 as long as I looked "good!"

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to make these this weekend! They look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bathing suit is so cute! I've been in a workout rut myself, but you're exactly right--you can always come up with an excuse. I need to move beyond that and get bikini ready!

    ReplyDelete