Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

We all know that I am not afraid to be creative and try out new things when it comes to cooking. My creativity got the better of me when I decided to make Kappa blue velvet cheesecake brownies {instead of red velvet} to take with me as a sweet treat this past weekend. Color fail? Yes. Taste fail? Not in the least. They were amazing! I was slightly hesitant to take these to share with a group of women women who did not know me at all. They turned out to be more aqua and slightly green. Good thing it was St. Patty's day, right?


Just incase that picture might change your mind from initially wanting to make them, do not let it. Here is a picture from Doughmesstic where I found the recipe.


Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Ingredients:
10 Tbsp. butter
3 oz. dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
red food coloring
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

For the Cheesecake Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper long enough to hang over on two sides, making it easier to remove from pan once baked. Spray pan and paper.
In small saucepot over medium heat, or in the microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.

In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and red food coloring with the sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until well combined.

In small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and flour. Add mixture to rest of batter. Do not overmix.

Pour batter into prepared baking pan.

For the Cheesecake Layer:
Beat ingredients together until smooth. Pour over brownie batter. Use sharp knife to swirl together.

Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until just set and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Holy hell those looks amazing!!! I might have to try those this weekend I'm feeling bake-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so amazing! Glad I found this post!

    ReplyDelete