Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

My goodness, this week has flown by quickly! My internet was not working yesterday, therefore I was able to get a lot accomplished since I didn't play on Pinterest or blogs at all. I ran a few errands around town and stocked up on a few Easter goodies that were marked to clearance. Not that I need any of them, but I thought the chocolate would be good to freeze in a plastic bag and pull out a piece or two with a glass of wine at night. What is my weakness? The Cadbury caramel eggs. Oh my stars, how I could eat gobs of them all year long.


Last night I decided to be a little daring and mix patterns. I never seem to pull it off, but the leopard and stripes worked pretty well...I think. Bryan said my nails were quite shocking with Essie's Tart Deco on them.


Dr. Ash is in NYC for a long weekend and we are dog sitting her sweet Bella. On Tuesday night I went and helped her pick out outfits to take. While we packed, my sweet hubby made us buffalo chicken pizza. It was out of this world yummy. I posted a picture on Instagram and promised to post the recipe.


Buffalo Chicken Pizza

2 pizza crusts
3-4 cooked chicken breasts, cut or shredded
1/2 bottle Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
crushed red pepper flakes
olive oil
Monterey Jack cheese

1. Saute garlic in a couple of drizzles of olive oil in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Add a few shakes of red pepper flakes and saute until garlic starts to golden. Add Texas Pete sauce and cook until warm, then add chicken and turn to simmer.
2. Spread a few drizzles of olive oil on both pizza crusts. Heavily sprinkle cheese to form a base layer.
3. Divide the chicken between the pizzas. Spoon or drizzle any extra sauce that is left over in the pan. Feel free to add a little more cheese.
4. Bake in the oven according to the pizza crust's instructions.
5. It's best when served with ranch dressing as a side.

*I normally make my own pizza crust, but this time it was easy breezy with the pre-made crusts.
*I seasoned the chicken with paprika and cayenne pepper, grilled it, then cut it into bite-size pieces. It is just as easy to use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
*For our last layer of cheese we had some Fontina and an Italian blend that we tossed on. It was soooo good.
*Get up and work out extra hard the morning after you eat this. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted this recipe, because I showed your Instagram photo to Ian and we both thought your pizza looked SO yummy. He's a huge fan of buffalo chicken ANYTHING. :) We'll be trying this soon, maybe even Saturday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez louise that pizza sounds so good right now. I have some pizza dough in the freezer I need to take out to make this ASAP! I think the stripes & leopard look super cute..with the coral nails, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief that pizza looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy weekend. Tart Deco is the most fabulous color.

    ReplyDelete