There is a mixture of sleet and snow falling outside and you better believe I'm curled up on the couch watching HGTV and sipping my morning coffee. We've got our first company visiting this weekend, which means I am going to have to force myself to get up in a little bit and do some last-minute cleaning. We are having brunch tomorrow at our friends' house, who actually live right behind us. Then I'll be off to work while everyone else goes to see the new Bond movie. It is going to be a fun weekend around here! Here are my Friday Five picks.
1. When Megan posted a recipe earlier in the week for Spicy Tuna Bowls I knew immediately that I was going to have to try it. Oh my stars, it was delish. My life has been drastically changed living in a town that has good grocery stores with fresh fish.
2. One of my newest favorite brands is The Letter. Have you ever heard of it? I have only seen their clothing on Gilt. Help a sister out if you have seen it in stores.
3. Colored jeans....oh how I am loving them this fall. There were the prettiest pale blue Rich & Skinny jeans that I saw earlier this week and had to force myself not to purchase because I felt they were too springy, but I am contemplating going back to find them. I previously posted about the Slim Illusion 7's in Ginger--they fantastic.
4. A Pumpkin Pie Nog recipe on Pinterest this week caught my eye. I can't quite figure out if it will be fabulous or slightly weird. Using the pumpkin to serve it is probably my favorite part. Click here for the recipe.
5. In our next house I would love to have a piece of furniture like this, color and all. On the outside it looks lovely and traditional, then open it up and have a fun pop of color.
There ya go! Do you have any plans for the weekend? Whether it is low-key or packed with fun, I hope you enjoy it!