Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Five

It's Friday, let's throw a party! I don't have to work today, therefore I started my morning sitting on my couch wrapped up in a fuzzy zebra blanket, drinking a pumpkin latte and watching the news for the first time all week. Here are my Friday Five for the week:
 
1. These cute Sam Edelman Louie booties arrived this week at the boutique. I tried them on yesterday and was instantly smitten. The leather is super soft and they are extremely comfortable. They arrived in the nubuck color and will be arriving in black any day. Can I say staple in my closet for fall?
 
 
2. Some friends brought over this Meiomi Pinot Noir when they came for dinner last week. We let it breathe while dinner was fixed and it was nice and tasty when we sat down to eat. I'm a Malbec girl, but I like a good Pinot Noir now and then, too.
 
 
3. I'm on the hunt for bamboo picture frames. Our guest room is slowly coming together, and I want to put trout pictures in gold bamboo frames. They will look perfect with the green and apricot/persimmon that I have used to decorate.  
 
 
4. The hardest thing to find has been a shower curtain for the guest bathroom. How come all of the cute ones are over $120??? Everything I have found is blah, boring or plastic. Someone seriously needs to start making cute shower curtains for a reasonable price. If you know where to find any, please let me know. I would love one with green, brown or persimmon. White towels have been washed, folded and put into the cabinet, but I really want to find a place to monogram them like the ones below.
 
 
5. On a serious note...GO VOTE!! Our nation is in a crisis and it is extremely important to exercise your freedom and make a choice as to which direction it go in the next four years. The latest unemployment numbers are in and the unemployment rate has gone up to 7.9% this month. We still live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, so don't sit back and say nothing can be done to pull our country out of an economic crisis. God bless America!
 


6 comments:

  1. Freaking adore your blog and those sam booties. Where can I get some?

    Come say hello at starsstripesandamilitarylife.blogspot.com

    xx-Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Meiomi Pinot! It is one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought an adorable brown & tan quatrefoil shower curtain from Target, of all places! It's super cute and looks classy, not cheap like so many others do. Happy Friday!

    Follow along: Southern Living, Our Way
    { www.alexaandglenn.blogspot.com }

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am relating to all of this: your morning sounds perfect and I would love those booties. My parents love some meiomi Pinot! Let me know if you have any luck with the bamboo frames. We are voting today, I'm with you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted last week! We NEED new leadership!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute new booties! Couldn't agree more about going to vote! Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose! :)

    ReplyDelete