Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 19, 2012

Lately...

Good morning, friends! Can you believe that it is already Thanksgiving week? Where has the year gone? I can't believe we are celebrating Thanksgiving and that Christmas is just around the corner. Last year I had finished all of my shopping by this time. This year I'm not quite that close, but I know pretty much what all I am buying for others. Last week my friend, Alyssa, and I walked all over Park City's Main Street and went into all of the shops that we hadn't been in to see yet. We ate lunch at The Eating Establishment, and after eyeing all of the brunch food I'm definitely going back for it. The fish tacos were yummy, with a hint of tangy lime in the sauce.
 
 
I cannot tell you how much ski equipment I have looked at the past couple of weeks. It's like people are speaking another language and I am completely clueless when it comes to knowing what looks good I need. Luckily I've had a few friends that know what they are doing helping me make decision. I had skis and boots picked out and on hold so Bryan could see them before I purchased them, but when he went to pick them up, they were nowhere to be found. Talk about ticked. Finally the boots were found, but no skis. And when it comes to helmet/goggle combos I've tried a lot of those, too. Here I am in a youth helmet, which actually fit really well.
 
 
On Friday I went to Salt Lake City and spent the whole day there while Bryan worked. It might be a tad bit dangerous that there are two Nordstrom Racks that are easy to find. This was my favorite find of the day: a red Kate Spade purse for $160, which was originally over $450.
 
 
I didn't get this DVF dress, but I loved the leather at the top and the same matching color under the lace at the bottom.
 
 
Alyssa met me in SLC for lunch and we ate at a healthy food place called Roots Cafe. My salad had spinach, beets, strawberries, goat cheese, turkey and a balsamic dressing. The beet and kale drink juice was heavenly, too.
 

 
And lastly, I've heard many of you mention lately how cute LOFT has gotten recently. I went into one just to look around and was blown away. Tons of cute stuff! There was an adorable red scarf with embroidered gold polka dots that I almost bought. I did get a few shirts that were on the sale rack, which were an extra 40% off.
 
 
Hummm, that's about all that I've got to share with you this morning. Are you all enjoying the Holiday Gift Guides? Thoughts or feedback on them? Tomorrow it will be gifts "For Her." I hope you all had a great weekend--it's going to be a short week this week!


8 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that lost the things you had left! That is awful but I am glad at least they found one thing but I know its still upsetting. I hope you have found some similar things! Sounds like you had a blast shopping in SLC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse is so fantastic -- looks great on you. My mental note: hit up a Loft ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! All of your food looks so delicious! I love Loft and they definitely have some great things right now! That blouse looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Kate Spade purse is amazing, great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to swing by Loft asap- love tht top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love some good finds at Loft! They have some really cute scarves right now too! The best part is I only buy something if I have an online code/coupon so the deals are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love your gift guides!

    Cute Loft shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds at the Rack. I know where I will next week once the kiddos are in school! ;)

    ReplyDelete