Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Getting Cozy {and Warm}

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful this week. It has been in the upper 50's, which has made it perfect for daily hikes. My schedule has switched around for the next couple of weeks at work--I am working just the weekends, which gives me lots of free time during the weekdays. A friend and I have been hiking and exploring new trails in the area. This is what we found after turning a corner and continuing up a slope.
 
 
Our weather is supposed to take a turn tomorrow, drop down into the 20's and 30's during the day, teens and 20's at night, and dump up to three feet of snow in some places over the weekend. When it gets like that I'm sure all I will want to do is sit by the fire and sip hot tea. I am slowly building a true winter wardrobe, something I haven't had to own in the past. This North Face Tadasana Tunic seems like it would be perfect to slip on each morning. I think I would wear the heck out of it.
 
 
 
Snow boots did not get ordered before our first snow of the season a couple of weeks ago, but they are on their way now. I'm crossing my fingers that they will get here before this weekend, but I think it is going to be Monday. I had a hard time choosing what I really wanted, but I ended up getting Sorel's Cate the Great.
 
 
 
 
When it comes to fleeces, I admit that I own a number of them. By far and away my Mountain Hardwear Monkey Jacket blows them all out of the water. If you want warmth and something that will block the wind, this one is the way to go.
 
 
 
 
Smartwool makes the best socks for the cold weather. My favorite pair I own are grey with pink, blue and green skulls on them {maybe a little weird}. My feet are never cold wearing them around on the hardwood or tile with nothing else covering them. They always have cute patterns, too.
 
 
 
Thro by Marlo Lorenz are the best blankets to curl up with on the couch. They are plush, soft, and very warm. I keep them in the living room and the bedrooms. You can frequently find them on One King's Lane, Joss and Main and even TJMaxx.
 
 
Today I am off to the store to pick up more hot cocoa and tea for my pantry. Celestial Seasonings makes a Fruit Tea Sampler, which has all of my favorite flavors of theirs. I like to keep this one stocked in because it is caffeine free and I can drink it at night.
 
 
via
 
Ok, so maybe I'm ready....or at least getting there....
 


2 comments:

  1. My MH Monkey is hands down my favorite jacket, too! I have a white one so I'm washing it constantly because I wear it every. single. day! Thanks for sharing these great finds. I'm hoping to buy some Smartwool socks soon!

    Southern Living, Our Way {www.alexaandglenn.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Just just happened upon that (moose right? lol)? So cool!

    Today it finally cooled down in Los Angeles. It'd been in the high 90s earlier this week :O

    ReplyDelete