"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever... In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
Psalm 136:1-2 1 Thessalonians 5:18
This week so many things have come to my mind for which I should be thankful. These are only a few.
1. With all of the recent natural disasters, from Japan to the demolished chicken houses and home less than two miles away, I am very thankful for my home and the safety from all of the recent storms.
2. God has blessed me with a wonderful family, of which I am reminded of constantly.
3. In a time where so many people are without jobs, I am thankful that for a job that I enjoy each and every day. It might not be full of glitz and glamor, but I wouldn't trade this past year with my little munchkins for anything in the world.
4. I know that I have said this multiple times before, but I am eternally grateful that God has given me the husband I always wanted in my darling Bryan. He is beyond my expectations and wildest dreams, and I am very thankful that HE is the one I will spend the rest of my life with.
5. Spring is a time of new birth, from pink flowers blooming to white calves frolicking in a pasture. I hope that I never take for granted this beautiful earth that God has given to us. Maybe I am getting older and more sentimental, but I have had such a wonderful time this spring watching things grow.
Thank you, Lord, for so many, many things!