Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shrimp & Artichoke Casserole

Shrimp & Artichoke Casserole

Ingredients:
6 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
4 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup half and half
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
1 1/2 to 2 pounds shrimp, cooked and deveined
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon flour
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
paprika

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain artichokes and cut in half. Place on bottom of casserole dish.


Saute shrimp in a little bit of butter or olive oil until lightly pink. Place shrimp over artichokes.


Melt 4 1/2 tablespoons butter. Stir in 4 1/2 tablespoons flour. Add creams, stirring constantly. When thick, add salt and pepper to taste.

Saute mushrooms in remaining butter. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon flour over mushrooms. Stir. Scatter mushrooms over shrimp.


Add sherry and Worcestershire to cream sauce. Pour over casserole. Top with cheese and paprika. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Tips: I seasoned the shrimp with a little bit of pepper and paprika. I did not use butter for this, but instead used a little bit of nonstick spray and olive oil where it says to use butter. Actually, I did use the butter in the cream sauce, but just cut it down a bit. To kick it up a notch add some chopped jalapenos or cayenne pepper.



This recipe came from sweet Megan, who posted it a few weeks ago. When I saw that it had artichokes and shrimp in it I had to make it! I'm going to be gone tomorrow, but be sure to check back to see what my dear friend Daph has in store!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, be still my ♥!!

    This looks fab! I can't wait to try this:)

    I hope your next few days are nothing but awesome!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks delicious!!! wow! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this looks absolutely amazing!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Shrimp and Artichokes?!?!
    AWESOME! :D
    Great Great recipe!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete