Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend Bryan and I went with our friends, Paul and Danielle, to New Orleans for a long weekend. We left early Thursday morning and got home last night. I use the term New Orleans rather loosely, as we never actually went downtown. Both Paul and Danielle are from towns that make up the surrounding area. The guys were away most of the weekend in Grand Isle fishing with Paul's dad, Mr. Johnny. Danielle and I made the rounds of seeing both sets of families.
We ate incredibly good food and will be running every day the rest of the week. Extra miles. On Saturday Danielle, Cozie (her grandmother), Mrs. Deborah (Paul's mom), and I went to the LSU vs. Kentucky game. First of all, saying that I detest LSU is an understatement. Loathe maybe? They are one of our biggest rivals and it deeply pained me to put on a cheery face and root for them. Traitor, I know. Not in my heart though. (I did refuse to wear purple and settled on a mauve colored shirt.) I don't think I was truly happy or excited until I heard the results of the Arkansas game!! WPS!!


Mrs. Deborah is wonder woman and can do anything. I had never heard of a mirliton, and after seeing it in a cookbook we made mirliton casserole for dinner on Sunday night to go along with our steaks.


The guys had a great time fishing. The only picture I have right now on my phone is this one of Paul with his fish.


My dad arrived home on Thursday and we are all happy to have him on American soil for the next few weeks. I hope you all had a great weekend, too!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I don't know who I would have rooted for either..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun!

    Just wondering, would you be my "Any Friend Of Mine" interview for next Monday? Just emial me and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I have been craving good New Orleans food forever. That casserole looks amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete