Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jungle Room

Here are some pictures of my classroom. I have everything decorated with monkeys and other jungle creatures. The pictures of the huge tree that expands across the top of my room do not do it justice. The background behind the tree is rolls of printed paper, which I made into wallpaper. Last summer I painted my classroom yellow. (All it took was a little prodding and the board said yes!) I originally came up with the tree and paper to cover that wall because there was a Bible mural painted on it. I did not paint over the mural, but instead brainstormed for a way to cover the wall. And so, the tree was born.

The children's names for the coat rack and places where they sit for circle time are printed on little monkeys and bananas. I found the most adorable safari hats, which I will use with magnifying glasses throughout the year for us to "look" for different things while on adventures. The outside of my door carries on the jungle theme with all sorts of animal printed paper, on which I stamped the children's names. (A huge thank you to my mother-in-law for all of the wonderful paper she brought me!) There are lots of other things I wish I could take pictures of, but I thought for privacy sake that I should not. Happy Tuesday to you!

7 comments:

  1. Hannah!! Your room looks amazing! I would love to be one of your students :) How much fun!

    I'm doing practicum right now at an elementary school and one of the teachers over there has her room done in 'jungle' theme. I fell in love!

    I hope you had a great day yesterday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Hannah your classrooom is so fabulous! Your kids must be so inspired! I wish Mr. Bigs was in your class :) Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! You're so creative and I just know your students love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your room! I used to teach first grade - makes me want to get back in the classroom and organize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Hannah. That is the cutest classroom I have ever seen. And I am NOT joking. And I have LOTS of teacher friends....shhhhhh....it really makes me wanna go back to school again. And not just any school. YOUR class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Hannah!! This looks like it took forever!! I'm sure the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete