Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 4, 2012

Fish Tacos + Mango-Avocado Salsa


Happy Friday, sweets! No matter how your week has been, be thankful for the weekend. Breathe, smile, prop your feet up and have a glass of bubbly {whether wearing sequins or house slippers}.


Isn't that pink clutch the perfect touch to this glittery outfit? It pairs beautifully with the aqua nails and jeans. Both of these picture were too pretty not to share. What are your plans for the weekend? Bryan and I have dinner plans with friends tonight and then I am heading with my mom to my in-law's house for the rest of the weekend because my future sister-in-law has a bridal shower on Sunday.

Last night I made some delicious fish tacos with mango-avocado salsa. It was very different from my typical fish taco recipe that everyone loves, but I thought it was fantastic and will certainly be making it again soon. It is a slightly adapted version from a Cooking Light recipe I found, so it is not only delicious, but healthy, too.


Cumin-Spiced Fish Tacos with Avocado-Mango Salsa

1 Tbsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound tilapia fillets
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup avocado, peeled and chopped
2/3 cup mango, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 fresh lime, squeezed
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas

1. Combine 1/4 tsp. salt, avocado, and next 7 ingredients in a bowl. Set salsa aside.


2. Combine cumin, 1/2 tsp. salt, paprika and black pepper in a bowl. Combine cumin mixture and garlic; rub over the fish. Add oil to a large skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Add fish; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until done.


3. Heat tortillas according to package directions or simply place them on top of the fish during the last minute, turning once.


4. Break fish into pieces; divide evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 2 Tbsp. salsa. Serve immediately.

8 comments:

  1. Love that second picture! I'd love for you to stop by and check out my post today on corona cupcakes for Cinco De Mayo!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I'm making those tacos this wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good, adding these ingredientsto my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How yummy! I also have a blackened seasoning I love on fish ... I bet that would be a great combo with that mango avocado salsa, too! I think I'll be making this sooner than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That salsa sounds amazing! I have a mild obsession with avocados, so you better believe I'll be making these fish tacos and salsa this summer! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just picked up a couple of avocadoes yesterday so I'm thinking this may be on the menu this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fish tacos are one of my favorite dishes - this recipe looks doable (I am unlucky in the kitchen!) and delicious.

    I hope you have a fantastic weekend and thank you for the reminder to pop some champers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tacos look amazing! Definitely need to make those soon. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete