Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Great Welcome Home

I'm baaack!! Bryan and I had an amazing trip, we dubbed it our second honeymoon. He commented that he had a lot more fun in Colorado than he would have had in Florida. Whatever makes the man happy right? We fished, hiked, Jeeped up mountain trails, ate good food, breathed the clean air and enjoyed the coolness. I wore a fleece at some point each day. Seriously, heaven on earth. While we were driving home Sunday night I thought about getting up Monday morning, throwing on my black yoga capris and fleece, then heading to Starbucks to blog in the morning. Then reality set in and I realized I would not be needing any of the above articles of clothing once we arrived home. And oh, how right I was indeed.

Sunday night we got home after 10:00 pm, got a couple of things out of the car and then were startled by a huge roar that came from our upstairs air conditioning unit. Let me tell ya, the thing is loud all the time so I was right to second guess its loudness since we had been away for a week. But noooo, it was super loud. Then my little nose smelled a burning smell. Oh yeah, it was coming out of the vents. So here we were, home less than thirty minutes and our ac decides to break. I was way too afraid to let it run and hope that the smell would go away. I was terrified of waking up to an electrical fire with no way to escape. We slept, um I mean Bryan slept and Ivy and I tossed and turned all night, sans air and with one ceiling fan above us on high. I might add that all of our windows are painted shut except one that has no screen in our bedroom. And our huge fan we had taken to my mom's for Ivy to use while we were away. Such a great welcome home surprise.

Monday Ivy and I did not move. This is how our morning was spent. Did I mention I was at Walmart at 6:00 am getting a fan?

These pictures were all early in the morning. By 8:30 it was way too hot to have the doors open.

After the doors were closed, the princess and I didn't do anything except stay as still as possible. We watched three movies and nearly drowned in our sweat before the ac men showed up at 2:30 pm.

They finally left sometime after 4:00 pm, after replacing the motor and repairing wires were something had burned. Just great, huh? I was hoping for the whole unit to be replaced. The men said it has to be at least 25 years old and I don't doubt that for a second. That, my dear friends, is why I wasn't up early on Monday morning posting all of our pics from the trip. I hope you all are staying nice and cool in your ac!


  1. Glad you all had a great time on your trip. Boo to the AC issues! Can't wait to see pics!

  2. yikes! what a great welcome home gift! love the pic of your pup planted in front of the fan :)

  3. Oh pooey! That stinks! We lost power the other day and it was out from 5:30pm until 6:00am the following morning. We usually sleep with A/C, the ceiling fan, AND a stand-up fan. Well, we had none of it. Sweltering heat! I feel you pain, friend!