Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 7, 2010

A Phone Call Away

If Alexander Graham Bell were to wake up for a day and see the technological advances that have come from his simple invention in 1876, he would be shockingly blown away. Do you remember when life was simple? You got in your car, shopped all day, then returned home to listen to the answering machine. There were no drivers that sat through a green light because of a phone call that caused them to zone out. Laws about texting while driving were nonexistent. A person ate a whole meal without looking at a text or email. I know that this is beginning to sound like a tirade about phones. But, it is completely the opposite. I am extremely thankful for telephones, in spite of all their faults. Nothing revives the heart more than a long conversation with a good friend. My friends are scattered all over and I am grateful that we can communicate via the phone. Skype is amazing technology that allows me to see my parents every day thanks to the phone/web! I love picking up the phone to call my husband at work just to see what he is doing. No matter the ups and downs of phones, they have opened up a whole new world for us. Just keep in mind that there is proper phone etiquette. Sometimes at our house we have a review of Phone 101. I hope everyone has a wonderful day--pick up the phone and call a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment