Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's Pink and Green Thursday!!

The past week I have found a vast amount of amazing pink and green things which I think are blog-worthy. Every day I would find something else, then change my mind about share. I could not decide on just one, therefore I am going to write about two different pink and green themed things today. First up is a phenomenal article that I found in the April 2010 issue of Traditional Home. I cannot even begin to tell you how badly I want to meet Seattle's exuberant foodie Heather Christothoulou and become her best friend! She has an amazing knack for collaborating food and design to throw an eye-pleasing feast. You have to go to the magazine's website, type in "A Visual Feast," read the article and look lustfully at the photographs. The Lemon Poppy-Seed Layer Cake will make your mouth start watering. Christothoulou serves a pink drink out of a collection of pink glassware that inspired her color choices for this gathering.

The Pink Drink:
Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice. Add 6 cups ruby-red grapefruit juice, 1 cup pomegranate juice, 1 cup ice-cold vodka, and some fresh mint sprigs. Stir to mix. Serve in chilled (pink) glasses; garnish with mint sprigs. Makes 8 servings. For a nonalcoholic version, substitute 7 cups raspberry lemonade for grapefruit juice and vodka. Prepare as above.

If you are not familiar with Polka Dot Design (http://www.polkadotdesign.com/), you must head over to their website and check them out. They have the most adorable stationery, invitations, stickers, notepads, customs stamps, you name it and they have it! I have ordered things from them multiple times and have always been pleased. I find that the pricing is reasonable, and where else can you find such cute designs?!? Through July 7th, use the code JULY410 to receive 15% off all orders site wide.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Hannah! I came across your blog last week sometime and forgot to save it. But I found you today through a comment at Trish's!

    How cute are these invites from Polka Dot?? Oh, I love them! The second one from the bottom is fabulous! Look at her cute hat!

    Happy Pink and Green Thursday, lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete