Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 9, 2010

Award Time

In my head I've thought to myself how "cool" it would be to actually receive a blog award. For the longest time I didn't have a single follower. It made me sad to look over at the followers button and it be empty. I told Emily how I felt like a loser (she politely chimed in how she and her friends followed, just not via the "follower" link, since they don't/didn't have blogs), that it was utterly ridiculous for me to even have a blog. Then, one bright and shining day, I got a follower! Next on my list of daydreams was to someday receive a blog award. Ding, ding, ding!!! Much to my surprise I received two blog awards in the same day!!! Cloud nine was rising even higher!!! So...a HUGE thank you to the very sweet Annie over at Classic Annie for the "Sugar Doll" award!


As I have recently learned, with awards come rules. These rules are very simple. 1) Thank the person who gave you the award 2) Share 10 things about yourself 3) Pass this award on to 10 bloggers you recently discovered who are fantastic and contact them to let them know you picked them for this award.

1. Cooking is one of my favorite things--I will never turn down a good recipe.
2. When I receive new magazines in the mail I skim the whole thing at once, turning down pages of things to try and websites to check into. Later I go back and re-read.
3. I think I should have been born and grown up on the East Coast.
4. When I was little I had a pet Jersey cow named Pansy, who had the most beautiful eyes. When Pansy grew up, she had a calf named Buttercup.
5. My husband is a loser, I am a finder.
6. My skin tans quickly...it fades even faster.
7. Not I "was" a KKG, I "am" a KKG.
8. This summer I've taught more kids to blow bubbles out of a bubble container than to swim.
9. I'm not much of a sweets person, but once I start eating chocolate I crave it every day.
10. I'm sure the town in which I live is smaller than the town in which you live.

And the winners are...
Sweet Southern Prep
Pink Preppy Lilly Lover
Sweets and Treats
Monograms and Manicures
Poppies and Sunshine
How I Met Your Father
A Pinch of Lovely
Brown Eyed Belle
The Entertaining House
It's A Golden Day

And also, a HUGE thank you to Allison and Tarryn at 2Bloggeristas for the "You're Going Places, Baby" award!



The rules for this award are quite simple: 1) Describe where I think I will be in 10 years 2) Pass the fun along to 10 other bloggers

1) I can honestly say that I do not have a single clue where I will be in ten years. As of now, I'm living in my parents house (they are out of the country) with my amazing husband in the teensy town where I grew up and vowed I would never live. With Bryan's job, we will probably move within the next two years. As far as details go, they are all up in the air. A vague description would be much better. Hopefully...in ten years we will be settled into our own home, have adorable little munchkins running around, a smart and playful second dog (one of Ivy's puppies) of our own (since Sadie Ann and Sailor are technically my parent's dogs), and I will be have an established event planning career.

2) And the winners are...
South of Midwest
Southern Girl in the City
Flannagan Family
Kara's Stories
The Park Wife
The Life of Jake
Sunny Peaches
Nautical and Southern
High-Heeled Foot in the Door
A Cup of Jo

On another note, I think I am going to put a freeze on my spending habits. Three months sounds like a good amount of time. (These thoughts came to me last night) But tell me please, how can I carry out that freeze when I find things like these???

*Very high on wish list that is in my dreams*

*Hello Lovers*

9 comments:

  1. oh, hello! and thank you for the kind award!! i will be recapping on monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! You deserve it. Happy Weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much sweetie!! So sweet of you! I will post this very soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you so much for the award!! How sweet of you :) And congrats on all the awards!! I hope you are having a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks so much! I am heading out of town with the kids for a while. I will try to get to this while on vacation... I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I feel ya on the spending freeze thing.

    It goes something like this for me...

    "I know! I'll just do a budget, like a diet. I'll just cut this, this, & this out of my spending for the next couple - ooo, is that an email about something new from Lilly Pulitzer?!" ;)

    (& I so need to adopt your magazine routine...mine just keep stacking up - I should AT LEAST do a "preview flip-through" like yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Han! Hope you and Bryan are having a good weekend..we're off to ride the carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, this is MY first blog award, and I love it!! I love your blog too and those pink Louboutins. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for my award! You definitely deserve yours! So glad I found your blog. Especially LOVE those pink CLs!!

    ReplyDelete