This is such a fun, sweet treat to make around Thanksgiving time, and very easy to put together.
24 chocolate-striped shortbread cookies
12-ounce package chocolate chips
tube of yellow decorators' frosting
1. Place the chocolate-striped cookies stripes down on wax paper, spacing them well apart.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave. (I did half of the package at a time).
3. One at a time, stick a wooden toothpick into a marshmallow, dip the marshmallow in the melted chocolate, then promptly center it on top of a cookie. (I used another toothpick to slide the marshmallow off and onto the cookie so there wouldn't be any fingerprints).
4. Let the hats sit until the chocolate is hard. Place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
5. Pipe the decorators' frosting in the shape of a buckle at the front of each hat.