Oh my goodness, where has the past week gone? I cannot believe I have not been in blog land in seven days. Once you read my Friday Five you might just understand a little better.
1. My mom's pathology report came back this week negative!! She also went for a check-up to see the progress on how her wound is healing and the doctor said she looks wonderful. The bad blogger in me hasn't been taking pictures, but I have been cooking lots of healthy food for her brain the past couple of weeks. She is up and about most of the day, still taking a few naps, but she felt up to showing her house this week to a lady who came to purchase a bench from me. I say she is back and better than ever!
2. We're moving!!!!!! I'm talking packing up and moving 24 hours across the country. I have been on pins and needles the past couple of weeks bursting with this exciting prospect. It all happened suddenly, with Bryan doing a phone interview in a hospital room the day after we learned about my mom's brain tumor. He flew out a week later, and he has now officially turned in his letter of resignation with his current company. After years of waiting, we are moving to the mountains, where there are bike trails and a trout stream out our back door.
3. We have been desperately in need of rain here, and that is exactly what we have gotten. Luckily the storms haven't been too bad. It took me a while to dig through my closet, but my rain boots were in the back under all of my summer sandals.
4. This southern girl might not know what she is getting herself into, but bring on the colder mountain weather and no humidity.
5. What am I up to right now? Packing. Packing. Packing. Other than taking care of the patient I feel like that is all I have done for the past month. As of this morning, we are not sure about where we will actually be living in two weeks, but we do have a few possibilities. There are tons and tons of decisions that Bryan and I will be making in the next few days. All I can say is that the decorator in me is coming out in full force. I cannot stop thinking about all of the decor options!
Needless to say, it has been a very big week for everyone around here!! Today my goal is to figure out all of the furniture that we will not be keeping and take pictures of it. I contemplated listing it on craigslist, but the lady who purchased the bench from me said she might want all of it--her daughter has a vintage resale store. The less headache for me the better. Hopefully Bryan and I can get a lot together this weekend, which will give us the next week and a half to relax and see friends. Have a great weekend and try not to get blown away in this storm!